Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Back from Assisi; heading home tomorrow

Sorry for the radio silence for the past few days; but my Internet connection in Assisi was terrible. Just now I returned by train from Assisi, and tomorrow I head to the airport, and then home, via New York. It's late -- past midnight; but my room is stuffy after being shut up for several days, so I've got the windows wide open to cool things down.

The group of us priests had an "Arrivaderci Dinner in Assisi tonight; I left about half-way through to catch my train. The rest of the guys will come back tomorrow, and then begin heading off over the weekend.

So why did I come back early? Simple: I typed in the wrong date when I bought my ticket! Once I realized my mistake, any changes would cost me dearly. As it is, I tried to change it, when I had complications last week, but no dice.

At any rate, the trip to Assisi was wonderful, both in terms of art and architecture, our ostensible mission, but also in learning much more about Saint Francis and Saint Clare.

My next post, most likely, will be stateside! As much as I've enjoyed my sabbatical -- and as very grateful as I am to the Archbishop and the Archdiocese for making it possible -- I am very ready to come home. Not that I was homesick; but, home is home. See you there!

No comments: