Sunday, March 24, 2013

Holy Week: the heart of our Faith (Palm Sunday homily)


Listening to the Gospel we heard--the heart of the Gospel--
I’m a long way from really understanding.
That’s why we do this every single year.

If you’ve come this far in Lent, 
it maybe you feel you missed the boat.
You can still make Holy Week your Lent.

If you ever said, I wish I knew my Faith better, 
may I suggest that taking time during Holy Week, 
to come on Holy Thursday, Good Friday and the Easter Vigil,
Will do a lot to help you go deeper into our Faith:
Because this week ins the heart of our Faith.
If you’ve never been to Holy Thursday, Good Friday, or the Vigil,
I think you’ll discover something powerful.

If you wish you’d gone to confession—
it’s not too late. 
I’ll hear confessions at 11 am on Good Friday, 
and then after our prayers for all who come.
I’ll hear confessions again on Holy Saturday at 11 am, 
as long as necessary.

The Lord walked his week to the Cross and the grave 
and we can walk with him. 

Come Thursday evening; pray with him that night before his agony.
Keep watch with him in the Garden.
Come Friday to pray at the Cross. 
Come to the Vigil Saturday night 
when the Light of Christ conquered the darkness.

This is his week; it’s our week.
What we did to the Lord; what he did for us.

No comments: