Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Latest travels...

While I was in Treasure Island, Florida, I had trouble connecting to the Internet. The hotel where I stayed was nice, yet for some reason I didn't sleep well. I woke up pretty wiped out this morning.

Sunday night I  met up with some old friends from my days in D.C. I told my friend I'd leave his name out of this, so let's call him "Yoda"--the all wise one.

The wise one has been giving the best advice on politics, particularly strategy, for the 23 years I've known him. I still seek Yoda's advice in my work with the National Pro Life Alliance.

We talked awhile Sunday night, and got together again Monday night to continue. The main takeaway was encouragement; while he thinks Romney will lose and Obama will be re-elected (and I tend to agree), he also feels confident that the worst is behind us; government will remain divided and so nothing much bad will be enacted; also, nothing much good either.

Politics wasn't the only thing we talked about, but it was most of the conversation! What fun!

Today I drove over to Cape Canaveral to visit the Kennedy Space Center. Awesome! But there's too much to see; apparently I should have seen the Imax and ridden the shuttle simulator, but I didn't get there till around 1 pm, and as mentioned, I am kind of low energy today.

I did enjoy observing all the other folks who were on the tour; a lot of Europeans, judging by the sounds of their languages. I have to say, some Europeans dress very strangely, but I suppose they may say the same about us when we go to their place!

Now I'm chilling in the hotel room before I get some dinner. Tomorrow I'm going to check out the beach (note from yesterday's beach observations: tattoos are not an improvement) and catch a show.

11 comments:

Christopher said...

Yoda doesn't also go by the name David, does he? The one I am thinking of spends regular time at a train station in Baltimore during the summer...

Fr Martin Fox said...

Nope.

My friend lives in Florida, I doubt he visits Baltimore very often.

Vonny Von said...

do you know Father David Hoying CPPS??

Fr Martin Fox said...

Vonito:

I don't believe so. It's certainly possible we've met at some point.

Vonny Von said...

Ok, cause I asked him on MOnday and he said he has met you so just wondering

P.S. do you follow blogs that are not related to Catholicism??

Fr Martin Fox said...

Vonito:

Yes I do.

Where does Father Hoying live?

Ellen said...

You did indeed miss some of the best that Kennedy Space Center has to offer by missing the launch simulator and the IMAX show - pretty incredible. Did you take the tour? Another must see.

TriciaS said...

Fr. Martin- Enjoy your vacation! I have quite enjoyed following your blog since I found it - as I remember you from Right to Work days when I worked for the Leadership Institute. So happy for you to have the best life ever!!

p.s. Yoda isn't Tim Mc, is it???

Tricia S.

Fr Martin Fox said...

Tricia:

I think Tim and his wife are in NoVa these days.

Vonny Von said...

here in Bryant, Indiana at the rectory. Holy Trinity parish. Yes I do to blog??

rcg said...

Obama wins, the worst is not over. He just goes around the elected parts of Government.

Looks like we are playing 'Guess the Yoda'.