Thursday, September 29, 2011

Homily series on new translation

Over the next few days, I'm going to post a series of five homilies on the new translation.

They are actually intended to be delivered, beginning October 23, through November 20, Christ the King.

I wrote them early because there will be four other priests, along with me, who will be taking Masses at my two parishes during that time, and I figured if I was going to ask them to go along with this, I owed them as much help as I could. FYI: this doesn't mean I asked or expect them to deliver these, exact, homilies; just that they could have these to work with.

So, since they are ready, I thought if I posted them now, there might be priests who would like to see them. Also, if someone sees something that is incorrect or unclear, I'll be happy to have a chance to fix it.

If you are reading this, but not a priest, you may want to mention this to any priests who you think will find it helpful.

No comments: