Thursday, July 06, 2006

Audio from the CMAA Colloquium

A fine fellow who attended the recent Musica Sacra Colloquium with me in Washington, D.C., kindly sent me a CD of the Mass I was privileged to offer, with lots of lovely chant and polyphony.

If someone will explain to me -- like I'm 8 years old (or, if you like, like a 44-year-old; 8-year-olds may well understand these things) -- how to snip off sections of this, and post an audio file link on my blog, then I will happily do so.

I'm currently listening to the Gloria . . . the acoustics in the chapel of the Basilica -- with all that stone? -- were awesome . . .

2 comments:

Jason Pennington said...

I would like a copy when you figure out the posting bit..that was the Hassler Missa Maria Dixit.

JP

Anonymous said...

Hi Father,
Hope you had a very happy Fourth of July. Looking forward to hearing the music from the Mass when you get it posted. Have you heard the audios on the CMAA website? Scott's organ solo after Mass on Sunday was amazing!
Take care,
Pat Gonzalez